So this is my second time typing this blog. The first time I typed it, it didn't save/post...So it's not going to be as witty as the first time around, mostly because I'm lazy.
Anyway...here's what went down
It started Wednesday, the day before the actual incident. I was talking to my host mother at breakfast, and she was saying that the typhoon might hit Japan either later that day, or during the night. I was a bit worried, but she told me everything was fine, and that I should just bring my umbrella to school with me.
Sounds reasonable enough, right? Typhoon = Umbrella. Right.
I then asked my host mom if she thought I would get the day off from school on account of the typhoon...She say NO! haha She's like my real father in that sense, never wanting me to miss school.
So ya, I went to school that day. And it rained. And I used my umbrella. On to Thursday.
I woke up at 7am, like I usually do, and I hear nothing. I mean, I heard rain, and even the rain that I was hearing was just like a pitter-patter. But I hear nothing coming from upstairs where my family was, so I was thinking that maybe we DID have a typhoon day, and they were just sleeping in. So I texted some friends, and some friends texted me, and around 8 o'clock, we reached the opinion that yes, we did have a typhoon day, until 1pm. So, I went back to bed and got up in time for lunch of curry and rice. And then I went to school. And after school, my friends and I celebrated our "survival" by going to karaoke. It was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment