Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Westerns "don't" like Medicine...

Sick Blog Two: The Recovery

I woke up yesterday feeling worse than I had in a loooong time, so I complained to my host mom and she asked if I had a fever. Of course I didn't. Hadn't had one since Sunday. And I was frustrated because here I am feeling all icky-sicky and stuff, and there some medicine sitting on my desk that I could only take with a fever. Man, if there was ever a time to wish for a fever, that was then....

But then, finally, out of now where, my host mom said, "Oh, you don't need to have a fever to take this, you can take it if you have body ache (check), head ache (check), upset stomach (check), or just feel awful (double check)."

...

She and the doctor had thought that Westerns didn't like medicine, and that they think that Japanese people are silly cause they take SOOO much medicine for everything. So she didn't think I would want to take it...

...

Let's just say I downed that stuff.

And then I felt better. Oh, sooo much better. But I had no idea what the drugs where. Except that they made me feel light headed, in a good way. That, and they made my bed feel super comfortable...

Dad and I looked online later to see what we could see, and all the sites we found were in Japanese, so basically, I'm just taking some awesome Japanese cold meds that make me feel much better....and slightly high...but better.

And I should be able to go to school Thursday. Finally.

Love, Timmy

1 comment:

  1. Are they aware of the amount of drugs Americans consume on a daily basis? Granted most of them aren't legal, but still.

    ReplyDelete