Friday, August 14, 2009

Calm Before the Storm

14 Days.

I seem to be surrounding myself in linguistic opportunities without even realizing it. Last night I saw both Julie&Julia and District 9. Although neither movie actually addressed languages directly, there were still "subtle" linguistic undertones. (Wow, I'm sure obsessed with language...) Anyway, I really like Julie&Julia, and I did like District 9 too, but that one was different. This is going to be one thing I miss while I'm abroad, movies. I suppose working in a theater makes a critic out of anyone, so it will be hard to go without seeing all the new movies that are coming out in the next few months...

But back to Japan business. Today, my goals are going to be to clean my room and start packing. I really doubt any of that is going to happen. I just don't want to buckle down and do it, which is why I'm writing this. I also thought it would be a good idea to include some web links for anyone reading this who might be interested in where exactly I'm going...So hopefully, this helps :)

The first link will of course be the wiki page. Manly because the school's page wont load...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansai_Gaidai_University

Ok, so the internet seems to be a fail so I will just put the other links up later. It's time now to start getting stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment