Saturday, November 7, 2009

Only the Weak Update





Random Misadventures

So I'm just going to throw this update out real quick. It's about one of the best Friday nights I have had thus far.

It started at around 8:30 when a few friends from my Japanese language class and I met up at the main train station near school. We had all made plans to go to karaoke together that night, so after we all arrived, we walked to our first stop: Karaoke Room.

I was actually confused when we got there, because I normally go to a place called Ring. But hey, I will try anything once.

So we get there, and it turns out that I know the most Japanese out of everyone, which was exciting. I got to help order the room and get that stuff going. But everyone else was also really good for how long they had studied. And I really liked this group, because since we are all relatively new at Japanese, there was no pressure for one person to do all the talking or feel like they couldn't do anything. We all took turn ordering the drinks :) Haha. Great way to learn the counter for bottles...

Oh, and they also had this giant ice cream delight for like $3. After eating it, I have come to realize that I eat more cereal with my ice cream here, than I do without. Yum.

So then, after two hours at this place, we decide to leave. This place was kinda pricey too. Two hours for close to $15. But then again, that was with the snacks we bought, but still pricey.

We then adventure over to Ring. They had never been there before, so it was fun introducing them to it. Ring is also much cheaper. For $10, you get 3 hours and unlimited soda/coffee/water/misc. Japanese drinks. So we stayed there for about four hours. For only $14. Soo good.

And when we decided to leave, it was around 3:30, so one of my friends called his host mom to come and pick us up. Which was amazing by the way. And while we were waiting, there might have been some adventure peeing, but whatever. Also, a drunk Japanese man started talking to us. It was weird. (He talked to me again on Saturday night...)

But finally, my friends host mom and her puppy came and got us and we drove away in the the night.

I have no idea what we sang, but I do know that Glee was a major theme of the night.

Watch Glee. Just do it.

1 comment: