Saturday, March 20, 2010

Berlin



German Bundestag->







<-Berlin.





<-This is what people leaving West Berlin would have seen...as they entered the East.



Holocaust Memorial. ->






So I was in Berlin for a few days back in January. It was really nice, but very, very cold. I don't think I have been colder. But in all honestly, it wasn't that bad. I just hadn't transitioned into that cold of temperatures yet, and I wasn't properly clothed. I also got to meet up with Hannah and Brittany. I hadn't seen Hannah since we were at Middlebury in summer of 2008. That was a wonderful treat. And I hadn't seen Brittany since June, but still, that's a long time. (The three of us enjoyed a nice Mexican style dinner and fun conversation. Quite the evening!)

But what I did with the program was crazy. I went to the Bundestag, or the German Parliament Building and the German Ministry of Defense. I met the leader of the Turkish Union of Berlin, a Parliament member, and a couple of rather boring people, but it was interesting none the less. And we rode the train up to Berlin from Freiburg. About 7? hours. I'm starting to not like trains again...

And instead of going clubbing, which is what most people did, I went to museums. Before you yell at me for not "living it up," I just want to point out that I had a meeting at 9am almost everyday we were in Berlin. So I didn't want to fall asleep. That, and someone had his coat stolen and someone else was still drunk for almost all our meetings we had one day. Not the kind of image I want to put forth.

And besides, I was with Brittany. So we went and checked out the Film Museum at the Sony Center. It featured Marlena and her lovely legs.

That go on.

And on.

Forever.

1 comment:

  1. I hate trains too! You should have partied at least one night! Last night, I went to a toga dance party and had so much fun! I don't feel so old anymore because I knew all the songs that played! It was a great time, though now I am very tired, but that's what coffee is for!

    ReplyDelete